Episode 4: Charlotte Peters
Stage & film director and piano teacher Charlotte Peters joins host Vivienne Egan in a conversation about the realities of earning money as a freelancer, breaking bad money habits, adapting theatre work to a digital screen and creating extra income sources when times get tough.
- Check out Charlotte’s website here and follow her on Twitter here
- Find Brickdust theatre company here
- The Ultimatum Game! (I produced this, it was fun!)
- War Horse
- Equity, the trade union for creatives
- Follow Artists Make Money on Instagram and sign up for our newsletter
- Side Hustle Sites *exclusive offer* for AMM listeners: develop a professional-looking website with the first month’s subscription for free and the second month half price!
Sustainable work in arts communities
Happy Earth Day for yesterday (and I would also like to wish William Shakespeare a very Happy 405th Birthday today, hope you’re partying down)! If you didn’t get a chance to engage in some sustainable reflection on Earth Day yesterday, I hope this newsletter helps......
Feeling overwhelmed and unconfident? It might be a good sign
A few months ago I attended a freelancing workshop run by Alison Grade. These things can be hit and miss but since it was put on by the Guardian I thought I’d be in fairly safe hands (they often run useful and interesting masterclasses). My biggest takeaway wasn’t...
Is there such a thing as a capitalist artist?
A couple of months ago, I went to a ‘salon’ run by a company called Interintellect (which as far as I can tell just runs conversations on interesting topics with interesting people). The salon was called the Capitalist Artist: “Writer, painter, and Gumroad founder...