Episode 8: Benedict Salter
Actor, cake maker and calligrapher Benedict Salter joins host Vivienne Egan in a conversation about how he began his calligraphic cake business Baker and Scribe, the reliability and unreliability of taking up temp jobs whilst acting, managing industry expectations at drama school and navigating savings and pensions when self employed.
- You can find Benedict on Instagram and Twitter @benesalte.
- Check out Benedict’s calligraphic cake business @bakerandscribe on Instagram!
- Check out some of Benedict’s West End work here!
- You can read more about Benedict’s earlier acting work here.
- Follow Artists Make Money on Instagram and sign up for our newsletter!
- Side Hustle Sites *exclusive offer* for AMM listeners: develop a professional-looking website with the first month’s subscription for free and the second month half price!
Happy Earth Day for yesterday (and I would also like to wish William Shakespeare a very Happy 405th Birthday today, hope you’re partying down)! If you didn’t get a chance to engage in some sustainable reflection on Earth Day yesterday, I hope this newsletter helps......
A few months ago I attended a freelancing workshop run by Alison Grade. These things can be hit and miss but since it was put on by the Guardian I thought I’d be in fairly safe hands (they often run useful and interesting masterclasses). My biggest takeaway wasn’t...
A couple of months ago, I went to a ‘salon’ run by a company called Interintellect (which as far as I can tell just runs conversations on interesting topics with interesting people). The salon was called the Capitalist Artist: “Writer, painter, and Gumroad founder...