Episode 2: Alexandra Plim
Abstract artist and performer Alexandra Plim joins host Vivienne Egan in a conversation about how she built a career selling art on Instagram, sharing advice on how to get started and how to price your work. Tune in to find out more about how Alexandra discovered other sources of income and her experiences as a self-employed artist.
- Alexandra Plim sells art Instagram @alexandraplim!
- Check out her website to purchase her art.
- Check out the Hot Dub Time Machine that she runs with her husband! According to Viv, it’s the best night out you’ll ever have.
- Follow Artists Make Money on Instagram and sign up for our newsletter.
- Side Hustle Sites *exclusive offer* for AMM listeners: develop a professional-looking website with the first month’s subscription for free and the second month half price!
Arts Grant Consultant Sarah Benvenuti joins host Vivienne Egan in a conversation about grants and fundraising for arts companies, the gaps in arts business practice, the importance of long-term planning and how to monetise and maximise your talents.
Comedy Festival Director Geoff Rowe joins host Vivienne Egan in a conversation about how he founded Leicester Comedy Festival and the Big Difference Company, the motivations behind his work, how humour can be used to connect with people and the necessity to be adaptable for evolving audiences.
Actor, Writer and Comedian Sukh Ojla joins host Vivienne Egan in a conversation about her journey to a full time creative job and writing a novel, managing imposter syndrome, the difficulties of saving for a house as a self-employed artist and forgiving past financial mistakes.